You all must have come across somebody’s story using the Swipe Up sticker on Instagram. Have you ever wondered what is it used for and how can you put it on your story? Well, all your answers regarding ‘adding a link’ will be given to you in today’s blog. This feature became very useful especially for influencers and brands who used it to attract more audience and subscribers to their accounts. When the link feature was launched, it was accessible only by users over 10k followers or the verified ones. But as Instagram got developed, it increased the ability to add links to stories to all accounts, no matter how many followers you have- by using sticker links.
This Instagram Story Link feature is a great source for engaging more and more audience to a certain brand or product. Fore eg. someone is a Youtuber and an Instagram influencer. Whenever they’ll post a new YouTube video, they will put it’s link on their Instagram stories with a swipe up sticker. Once their Instagram follower sees the story, they’ll swipe up and the linked YouTube video will appear on their screen. This way, the video will get more and more views and subscribers. This is why Swipe Up link feature is so popular these days. It helps in improving marketing and commercial effort. You can collab with brands and companies to promote their products or videos by putting their links to your story. Instagram has boatload of cool features by which you can earn money and this feature is one of them.
For the people who do not know how to add link to an Instagram Story, no no need to worry, we have covered everything below. You just have to read the whole blog carefully and by the end you will be able to add links to your story.
How To Add A “Swipe Up” Link To Your Instagram Story
The ‘Swipe Up’ link is widely used by influencers and youtubers to promote any video, any product, any website and so on. Instagram has become livelihood for many people who use it as a work purpose. These features are very essential for their work. People are so lazy these days to go through many steps and then search for the video they are looking for or any website. So, Instagram added this feature so that while watching the stories, they can just swipe up and that product, website or a YouTube video will immediately get opened on the screen. Hence proved, by using ‘swipe up’ feature, people can get more attention to their product or any website.
Note: Always remember, the ‘Swipe Up’ process is only for the users who have more than 10,000 followers on Instagram. Users having less than 10k followers won’t get the option of adding a Swipe Up link.
Lets look at the steps:
- Open Instagram and login to your account. Tap on the ‘+’ icon placed at the top right corner and then from the options appearing, choose ‘Story’.
- OR, you can simply swipe right and the story tab will get opened. From here, you can go live which can even be scheduled now, make reels and show your talent, post pictures and so on. But for now, swipe up and your gallery pictures will come.
- Select the one you want to put on story with the swipe up link attached to it.
- After that, locate an icon that looks like a chain somewhere at the top and click on it.
- Select “+ URL” to add a link and then paste the URL of the targeted link. Press ‘Done’ and the link will get attached.
- Add some creative and noticeable CTAs so that the story automatically drive people’s attention and they can know they have a swipe up option. You can add a ‘Swipe up’ sticker also.
- At last, click on ‘Your Story’ and you are done. Your users will be able to see the story along with Swipe Up link.
How To Add A “Sticker Link” To Your Instagram Story
Its been years since Instagram story was launched, so almost everyone these days are aware of how it works and what is it used for. Being an Instagram user, you must have seen the sticker section in Instagram Story from where you can add music, location, questions, poll, link and so on. Unlike Swipe Up Link, the sticker link is easily visible on the story, so can be placed anywhere on the screen. Plenty of high quality traffic is driven through these sticker links. Here’s the following steps on how to put sticker link on your story:
- Open your smartphone and click on the Instagram app.
- You must be logged in to your account and if not, enter your username password and proceed.
- You will land on the home tab of your account. From here, tap on ‘+’ icon appearing at the top.
- Select the picture which you want to upload on your story and some icons will appear at the top. Locate the sticker icon and click on it.
- Scroll down and select the ‘Link’ sticker written in blue letters inside a white box.
- Paste the URL of the video, website or anything whose link you want to attach.
- After pasting the URL, you can use the ‘Customise sticker text’ option placed right below it. Whatever you will write there will appear on the sticker. For eg. you can type ‘Click here’ and the sticker will appear on your story as ‘Click here’.
- Finally, Hit ‘Done’. You can hold the sticker and place it anywhere on the screen. Also, by clicking on the sticker, its colour can be change to yellow gradient, translucent white and blue gradient.
- Go to Gifs and add any arrow to make the sticker more visible or just add some more powerful CTAs to gain more attention of the audience.
- At last, post it to the story and your followers will have the access to tap on that sticker and open the linked source.
How To Add IGTV Link To Your Instagram Story
- Go to Instagram and open the IGTV video whose link you want to add on your story.
- Locate a paper airplane icon on the video and click on it. If your account is public, other people can also use this icon to put your video on their story if they like your content. However, you can still find out who those people are.
- Select ‘Add video to your Story’ option and then, tap on the link button placed at the top.
- Tap on ‘+IGTV Video’ button and press Done.
- As explained in above methods, add some good CTAs like making a video of you saying swipe up and giving some description about the link, using animated GIFs, putting some on screen texts etc.