Almost every single person around us has WhatsApp installed in their smartphones. It is one such app which we always check whenever we open our phone. The motive of launching this app was to ease the difficulty in communication. Well, it surely fulfilled its purpose.
Whenever there is an emergency, you don’t have to now wait for days to deliver a message to your family living miles away. You could just WhatsApp them with a single tap. With our environment developing each day, WhatsApp made sure that its user doesn’t feel the need to switch to any other app for more benefits. It kept on adding new exciting features. Texting is all fun to do until you feel restless and get tired of writing a whole paragraph while gossiping with your friends. Well, you might be thinking of voice call in such situations. But, what if you can’t call the other person because of noisy voices around you?
Are you wondering if there’s any other option by which you can communicate the other person and you don’t need to waste your time on texting or lengthy calls? You would be happy to know that yes, there is. We call that feature WhatsApp Audios, the recordings by which you can convey your message to other person in form of voice and not text. This feature is highly used by people as in voice messages, people can express their emotions while speaking and it is a fun way to talk to others in audios, plus it saves a lot of time.
Now, suppose you are deleting some conversations on WhatsApp and you mistakenly delete the one which had an important voice recording. What will you do in such situation? Is there any chance you can recover it? We are very happy to tell you that yes, there is. You can now restore deleted WhatsApp voice messages on your device. Well, not only voice message, if people ever delete a WhatsApp group, they can restore that also. Lets read the blog carefully to know more about WhatsApp Voice recordings.
How To Recover Deleted WhatsApp Voice Messages
There are multiple WhatsApp feature that many of us are still not aware of. The one we are going to talk about is quite simple and you may have heard of it before. WhatsApp chat backup is a feature by which WhatsApp creates an automatic backup at 2:00 AM every day by default. This feature is a savior for you and it will help you in recovering your deleted WhatsApp audios. To know in details, let’s follow the steps explained below:
Recovering Deleted Audios From Local Backup
WhatsApp chats are backed up everyday at 2.00 AM local time and is stored safely in the internal or external storage of your device. This backup contains all the WhatsApp messages, videos, photos, voice recordings and so on.
If you received the voice recording before 2.00 AM and deleted it after it had backed up, then you can restore it by the steps we have explained below:
- Open your smartphone and go to ‘My Files’. Find WhatsApp folder located in either internal storage or external storage of your device.
- Once you get to the WhatsApp folder, you will see some more folders in there like- Media, Databases and so on.
- This Databases folder is very important for us in this method as it contains the local backups of your WhatsApp. Click on it.
- The databases folder will show you the encrypted files in such format:
- Select these files or select the whole ‘com.whatsapp’ and copy it. Then, go back and paste these in a different location/folder. You might be wondering why are we doing all this. Well, we are saving it as a backup if it gets deleted in the next step.
- Go to App Settings and Uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Then, open File Manager and again go to WhatsApp folder. See if the folders are still there or not. If they are exactly where they were, then there’s no need to do anything. But if the WhatsApp folder is not there, paste the folder you copied earlier.
- Press back and go to Play Store to reinstall WhatsApp.
- After WhatsApp gets downloaded, open it. Enter the same registered WhatsApp number that you were using before you uninstalled the app.
- Verify it by filling in the OTP received. Once the verification gets done, WhatsApp will ask if you want to restore the backup.
- Click on Restore and all your deleted WhatsApp chats, voice recordings, photos etc. will get recovered. These voice recordings can also be used to check if the other person has read your message with read receipt off.
This method was for recovering local backup from your device but in many cases, there are chances you might not receive this option. Instead, you will get the option to restore Google Drive Backups. Therefore, let’s take a look at the next method to know about Google Drive Backups.
Recovering Deleted Audios From Google Drive
You can choose to backup your WhatsApp media to Google Drive also and if you do, remember that you can recover any deleted media only if it gets deleted after it got backed up. Here’s the following steps on how to restore the Google Drive Backup:
- Go to WhatsApp and click on the three vertical dot icon placed at the top right corner of your Android device.
- Select Settings and tap on ‘Chats’ from the options appearing.
- At that last you will see, Chat history option which can be used to export WhatsApp chats on your device. But for now, click on ‘Chat backup’ which is the second last option.
- Right above ‘Back Up’ option, you will see Local, Google Drive and Size written there.
- See the time frame in-front of Google Drive and check if it has been backed up before you deleted the voice message. If yes, then proceed.
- Go to Settings of your mobile phone and tap on Apps. Then go to WhatsApp and click on Clear Data. All your WhatsApp Data will be cleared. At last, restore your backup from Google Drive and all the lost messages will come back.